Saturday, December 1, 2012

Katadyn pocket water filter

After several days reading reviews and watching videos, I ordered a Katadyn Pocket Water Filter from Amazon for about $260. It was the one that looked more durable and that used the same filtering system (ceramic) that I have been drinking from during the last two years while on mission in Afghanistan and Sudan. 

  
For an extra $20 I also got a carbon cartridge to remove the taste of the brownish Nile water. 
Should received it in January and will post a review as soon as I go out camping and get to test it.
In the meantime, here is a good review from BlackCatSaloon


1 comment:

  1. Had a Kadatyn filter longtime ago but was stolen during a looting. Before starting a 2 month tour in Southern Africa, I got a SteriPEN (UV techno) instead as it was lots cheaper and smaller (easy to carry with your toiletry bag). It will not clean up very dirty water but will kill most of germs as long as the battery stands.

    ReplyDelete