Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wood gas stoves


You might have read my first failed plan to cook outdoors in the Sudanese desert.. (check my previous post)
Apparently the most common way around here it's simply to get some charcoal and cook on an open fire. No worries about wildfires, because it's the desert :-)

Recently I found this amazing stove on the Internet.


Watched several YouTube videos and reviewers are posting great feedback.
It uses wood and forced air to produce a steady heat and also generates electricity! Not a lot, but enough to recharge its internal battery for the fan and to charge a smartphone or led lamp via USB!!

I might get one in the future.
In the meantime, if I find some time, I will build one myself, following youtube instructions - just look for wood gas stove!

Did you try one of this stoves?

Stay tuned for further posts on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment